Lossless Bootleg Bonanza: Jerry Garcia and Merle Saunders - Berkeley, CA (01/19/73)
Jerry Garcia and Merl Saunders
January 19, 1973 (Friday)
Betty Cantor’s 10″ master sbd reels @ 7.5ips 1/2trk > ? > CD > EAC > CDWave >
TLH (FLAC level 8).
Disc One (4 tracks, 61:42)
d1t01. //Dancin’ in the Moonlight [#6:07] [0:33]
d1t02. Lonely Avenue [18:24] [2:36]
d1t03. Expressway // (To Your Heart) [19:45] [3:38]
d1t04. It’s A Sin [9:11] [1:26]
Disc Two (5 tracks, 79:00)
–Set I con’t–
d2t01. Unknown Song [27:44] [2:10]
d2t02. Honey Chile [11:30] 1:43]
d2t03. //It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry [#7:25] [0:59]
d2t04. Find a Rainbow [15:10] [1:57]
d2t05. Georgia // On My Mind [10:#08] [0:12]
Disc Three (4 tracks, 26:52)
–Set II con’t–
d3t01. Tuning [1:19]
d3t02. Soul Roach [7:20] [1:01]
d3t03. Go Climb A Mountain [10:19] [0:13]
d3t04. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) [6:11] [0:28]
- Jerry Garcia (guitar, vocals);
- Marty David (bass);
- Merl Saunders (keyboards);
- Sara Fulcher (vocals);
- Bill Vitt (drums).
- If you like early ‘73 Garcia/Saunders, and especially Sara Fulcher’s vocal
stylings, you’ll love this. Lots of super-rare Fulcher-dominated tunes here.
This version of Lonely Avenue is top-shelf, as is Soul Roach.
- d1t01 Dancin’ in the Moonlight cuts in, significant level fluctuations.
- d1t02 Lonely Avenue is tremendous.
- d1t03 Expressway splice @ 17:49.
- d2t03 ITALTL, ITATTC cuts in.
- d2t04 after Find a Rainbow, Garcia tries to noodle into another song, but gives up.
- d2t05 Georgia on My Mind splice @ 6:21.